Talking with my daddy cheers me up immensely :D There will always be good times and bad times and worse case scenarios.
Well, hello June. It's already half year :) Time to re-evaluate I thinky?
Getting an internship was probably one of the best things I did for myself. I learnt to communicate, work on real projects and letting the world see 'em :) I got pretty attached to the people and the environment. So...inspiring, you know? The company gives its people a great environment to work in; seeing them work and play so hard rubs off on you after awhile. No one makes you do work. You just feel like doing it :P
I spent weeks googling information for Ben I. to use for his pitches, I'm glad he was my mentor during those three months :) I had fun. When I did my time (haha) at Sales, Eugene moved me to Studio. I 'graduated' on learning how to use PS, AI and DW :) Oh, and made friends who made things bearable when work seemed shyte. I got a taste of working in the real world.
SlitMyWristsThursdays, now simply SlitWristThursdays are an office hit haha. We actually look forward to it. I miss the lunchchats :) We'll spend an hour deciding on where to go for lunch. New acronyms every day; Su Yen is AEIOU (Always Eat In Office - Understood) now hahaha. I guess I'm EAH since I left. Lol corny.
I miss la..
After I left, the office got three new people in :)
I loved my time there, but it was time to go. Summer called :P A good break and some catching up. I remain patient on the outside and am impatiently dancing on the inside.
Too much of a good thing can also be bad. I applied for a part-time job today, hope I get a call back *crosses fingers* I'll go nuts staying home every day. I like working to earn my own money, even if it is sometimes just enough for me to spend each month. When I first started college, my allowance from my parents increased. Halfway through my first year of Diploma, it got cut down to 1/3 due to some factors. That left me with no option; find a job or die :P
I hated having no money during the first few months. It never felt enough, compared to the generous amount I used to get. I got jaded; spending it all because I knew I was going to get more the next month. With that 1/3 and whatever I earned, slowly I learnt how to manage my spendings better. I learnt the importance of saving for a rainy day.
It felt great, earning my own cash. Knowing that it was up to me to earn how much I wanted to get, sometimes more compared to the fixed amount I used to get.
That was last year. This year, that remaining 1/3 got cut away completely. Of course, beginning of the year they gave me a little boost to get started with. It's nice to know my mom has no say over where this cash goes :P It's nice to know I could afford to pay for my expenses. It's fun banking in cheques each month :D Happy to say I start June with two months' salary saved *hugs self* :)
Hope to multiply that amount and use it to buy myself a worthy birthday present wheeeee! Growing up is not boring. At times :P
Throw in great friends and fun outings, I'd say my first half of the year was nothing less than awesome :D Sure, I had my dark days, but having the best friends in the world I could ever ask for to balance those dark days out :)
So here's a huge thank you to all of you who I hung out, drank, ate, laughed so hard it hurt, stayed out til the late hours, worked, shot several thousand zombies, had ice cream and skyped with :)
Summer holidays: get a job, settle uni course, have fun and party my heart out. Not much to ask for, is it? ;D 2nd half of 2010 *flag*
No comments:
Post a Comment