Last week has been reading, reading, reading and this week I've started on assignments again. Found a news story to analyze for POB A5, and found myself interested in the beginnings of US's 2012 election cycle. This will be one to watch for ;)
Yesterday I
- Stuffed myself with pizza
- Watched Limitless
- Had popcorn
- Drove around The Strand, KD
- Found the most delectable ice cream, ever (well, in my last 20 years, that is) with CT.
Pretty good day overall :D Ended with rain to cool the day off. CT had epic lemon sorbet. He will be dreaming of that for years to come, hahaha. For someone who loves sour stuff like me, a tiny taste hurt my tongue. He tried it and found it hard to talk until we reached the car :P
Nyum nyum ice cream. Texture was very smooth and creamy, with no fatty aftertaste. I chose Passionfruit and he got Belgian Chocolate. No pics, cuz they're in boring styrofoam cups :P But here's some from Nikonian Academy:
:D
It doesn't look much, to be honest, but that's until you taste it.
Jay (the manager/owner I'm guessing) let us taste almost all the flavours they had: Belgian Chocolate, Banana, Strawberry Sorbet, Green Tea, Durian, Mixed Nuts, Raspberry Sorbet, Passionfruit Sorbet, Chocolate with Hazelnuts, epic Lemon Sorbet and oh I know there's much more but I can't remember!
It costs RM6.60 per scoop, and I rather pay that amount than go to Baskin Robbins or Haagen Daaz :P I am a big fan of sorbets, partly because I found normal ice cream too creamy for comfort and partly because they have a tinge of...sourness.
But the ice creams I tried at Premium Buckets were neither too creamy or had a thick texture. I didn't fancy the flavour, but melted nicely on my tongue :) Flavours like Belgian Chocolate are usually very 'gao' and leave you gagging for water after a scoop, but this one was just right. Sure, you still get the 'gao' feeling but not so quickly.
Sorbets, oh sorbets. Jay pointed out that other sorbets are usually a mixture of ice and cordial. So the first thing you see and taste (or scoop. Those who have scooped the sorbets at BR can testify :P Hard) is ice. Then comes the flavour. I fell in love with the passionfruit because of the real flavour and just right creaminess. There was no icey crunch and artificial flavour :)
My tub did melt a bit on the way back and I popped it in the freezer first thing I got home. At midnight when I took it out, the melted edges were icey (understandable) but the rest remain soft and no extra energy was exerted to scoop it.
Yummy? Oh yes. Definitely will go again :)
I overheard Jay say to one of the staff that they do deliver to 7ate9.
"We specialize in producing ice creams and sorbets on a just in time (JIT) basis for hotels, restaurants and cafes (HORECA) and corporate/family events."
Curious, I went to have a look.
Ouch..
You know where it comes from now ;)
Who wants to go the next time?? :D
"We specialize in producing ice creams and sorbets on a just in time (JIT) basis for hotels, restaurants and cafes (HORECA) and corporate/family events."
Curious, I went to have a look.
Ouch..
You know where it comes from now ;)
Who wants to go the next time?? :D




LOL!!! Is that at The Strand? My office is right infront of this ice cream shop. The Aunty who runs the place so pleasant 8D I always bother her for free ice cream. Duuudeee try the Raspberry Sorbet D: THAT ONE IS HEAVEN
ReplyDelete