Okay.
I was initially horrified when their album pictures surfaced.
Go ahead, cringe.
Although SJ-M should have given me an inkling of how their theme was going to be like i.e. Russian Circus. Honestly did not expect more of the clownishness. More so when Mr. Simple was released. Kind souls translated the lyrics and I could only stare in disbelief.
Whaaaaaat...
Prejudiced yes, it wholly reminded me of an Indian jingling tune and it got stuck into my head, fast. No doubt designed to do just that, I was bit disappointed and complained to pig at length that night (hahaha I'm sorry :P).
The first two songs of the album turned me off further, but I continued clicking play on the links allkpop provided. Something of the old them had to be there despite calling this album an effort of their unique colours righttttt :(
Luckily the album's tempo slowed down after the first two songs. I loved 'Y'. I love 'Y'. I love 'Y'. I think you get the point.
Fresh off the Korean servers, the MV was released. Then I was reminded of how their choreography is the thing that makes Super Junior, Super Junior.
Perhaps seeing YeSung, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun softened my prejudices. Ahh first loves... Choreography is what makes them and it did not disappoint. Glad to say that even machines can't level out Ryeowook's voice. In the crowd of 10, he instantly stands out.
Choreography better off this time, the lead single takes some listens to get used to. It's bothersome after awhile. The eyes have to have a share of the pounding beats to make it pleasant.
Yalah Mr. Simple, kenapa nak naughty naughty huh?? The choreography saved you. YAY Super Junior is backkk but your outfits are so darn horrific that BEAST stays my wallpaper.
Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment