Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The fear of not being good enough

4 weeks into the semester and I'm still left reeling from the blow. This sem is tough in the sense of expectations. Lecturers outline expectations every class and repeatedly tell us how to score. Add that to daily brain squeezes for ideas on what and how to do my assignments.

I don't know. And that's where the doubts set in.

Should I have taken a course with exams? No, is always the answer and I know I'll hate it if I did take that direction.To me, exams are just how well your memory works. Done and dusted with my diploma, which sometimes I look back and wonder if I do deserve it.

No, learning is much more than exams. Which is why I chose this course.

They say be careful of what you wish for. I got more than I bargained for. This is not a complaint, it's more frustration mixed with pressure and overall leaves me feeling empty. Some days I'll go "Oooooh I hate this course!!!666" but some days I love it. I love the challenge of taking something on.

I just finished reading the sample pieces of Creative Writing that my lecturer posted up. Beautifully articulated, I suppose that is more or less the standard expected for a HD. *bangs head* No, I'm not that good, but I don't want to be just average either.

My opinion piece still needs some weeding through, sigh. It's due on Thursday. 3 media releases are due on Friday. Some storyboard frames and script are due Friday. I really, really need to get my head back on track. I guess my heart's just not that in it this sem. Please come back soooooon.

Pressure ohhhh the pressure. Some days I want to hide under blankets and hide away from the world. But that won't help much, will it. Only temporarily.. More than often I find myself staring into space wondering what to do and how to do. I really really need to kick into gear. I cannot run away anymore. If I have to work late nights again, so be it.

End of this week: hand up a satisfactory Opinion Piece, 3 media releases and IFTP work.

Weeps. Don't get me started on law.

No comments:

Post a Comment