Friday, July 30, 2010

It is darkest before dawn

I can't seem to be able to sort out my head and put it down on paper. 
Easiest way would be, why? Why? WHY??

Yeah. That's why I'm YY. Corny much. 

Since there will be no emo-slashwrist-deep-dark thoughts tonight, I guess I will entertain you with today's events mixed with some musings. As always. 

Wednesday afternoon Anna emailed me to say that "the little girls club" was planning a surprise lunch for Su Yen, who gave her resignation notice. I went whaaaaaaat because she planned to intern until December. Story short, she's going to UK :( And silly me, that 'thing' that they organized for her, I didn't realized it was for lunch 
-____- So couldn't make it. Anna invited me to come for the chowtut session on Friday instead. 

Today, I walked to the familiar-yet-strange red office. Everyone was gathered in the meeting room for Friday updates. I walked right into the middle of it, where they were giving their thanks to Su Yen. 

Okay, I was given the task of designing the Tech stuff, but since I am a design noob, that was passed on to SY when I left. She did a great job :D Cannot compare la, she is from a multimedia course. The chowtut session was for Ben Israel, SY and Joy who were leaving. 

I walked in, my presence was noticed and yay! I was still welcomed back :P. Warren joked that I would be taking SY's place now that she was leaving hehehe. Ate the yummy spread, and caught with some people I missed most. 

The office all signed a card for SY, giving their well wishes. I wouldn't be human if I said I wasn't the teeniest bit envious. Then again, she has found her superpower and does well in that, whereas I have not yet and shuffled from department to department learning stuff from each :P 

It's difficult; the more things I learn, the more I want to master and not just stick to one. I'm a terrible see-saw :D Saw familiar faces; Lianne, Oli, Zilch, Ben I, Ben L, Warren, both Alex Ls... :) That family feeling remained still. Lianne showed me her pictures from the recent Mount Kinabalu climb. It seemed fun! Reminded me of the OB hike, just not as cold. After Lianne I jumped over to Serene, back to Lianne then SY. 

I entered at 12pm and left almost 3pm after wishing Ben I all the best. My former mentor is moving to Singapore on a job offer :) Singapore's next social guru hehehe. 

The stuff I learned during those six months, nothing struck me more than the ways of social media. Being a communication student I guess that made better sense than Sales and Design work :P I'm still not entirely sure what I want to major in, but I hope to find out in less than 2 years.

You seeeee, from trying to record today's events I turned it into a ramble session. Aaaaaah. Long break from school has made me erm, madder than usual? :D 

Oh god. Monday awaits. I'm excitedddddddddddddddd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment