Finally done with all the filming, just ended Eunice's one today. For hers, she trusted me to ensure that her shots were good, and I tried I did. Though sometimes I forgot to lock the exposure. I was obsessed with getting the focus right.
When given that trust, you would want to give your best, wouldn't you?
So imagine my shock and horror upon viewing back my own videos to find that most of my videos were blur/out of focus. Was quite upset considering Adam insisted on handling the camera and I trusted him to do his best.
The bitter part of me wanted to heap the blame on him entirely; to point fingers just to blame someone.
But..
I knew he could not be responsible entirely, as the lighting conditions were not excellent and the small screen made it hard to be certain. Still, I was pretty miffed about the whole focus thing.
Sigh...
To shoot outdoors was challenging, given that nature's lighting cannot be controlled. And...to think that gathering my cast was difficult enough, to the point of hair-pulling.
Over dinner I glumly swallowed, still wanting to blame but allowing myself to stew instead. Would it had been better if I insisted on viewing every shot? Would handling the camera on my own made the shots clearer?
It sucked.
Then I remembered that customer I met during work that told me that as humans were imperfect, no matter what the circumstances. Perfect pieces of kitchenware don't give off that same feel. That did make me feel marginally better. In the beginning I did not take control of the camera and there were blurry shots, but towards the middle and ending I took control, the focus was better.
Only human. And since it was my first time with the DSLR, some mistakes were bound to be done. I sigh, but putting my glum feelings aside, I searched for tips on sharpening videos. One said those fancy HD videos you view on TVs in stores are extensively edited. No doubt they were shot with much care.
However...I did agree with the point that said what was shown appears to be artificial; nothing looks like that in real life. Too sharp, colours to bright and just...unbelievable.
Which is exactly what is was.
So after dinner I look through my shots again. I realised Taylors does really have a nice background for shooting and the slight out of focus gave the videos a sort-of dreamy feel. Much more realistic..than razor sharp images.
It's just an assignment, after all. Though I did want clear videos to edit and submit. But, ah well. Make do with what I have.
I don't have perfect videos. I can't make serious videos and the spontaneity of my storyline shows that. So...
I'll just swallow it for tonight and cut them up tomorrow. The dreamy effect might just work to my advantage. It just wasn't what I hoped it would be. Heh, considering all the trouble this assignment caused and it worth 50%, do what I gotta do.
Move on and get on with it.
Just hope BB7 goes back online tonight. I want to submit my essay and sleep tonight.
La dee dum dum.
200 words to go plus 200 words for reflection.
Hey, ho.
No comments:
Post a Comment