Monday, November 21, 2011

*click*

I clicked to see what Blogger's new interface would be like. Hoho... Very clean, very neat, very white and dare I say, futuristic.

Am I allowed to throw some colour to my dashboard? It's so clean...it's not..right :P Then again I like the expanded writing area. No more being confined to that small box (I know it's resizable, but hey! Here's a great white space to scribble on. Isn't that more tempting?).

Still in the midst of finding another job so I can escape from my current job. He puts it as "desperate" to exit from Bz. I put it as "desperate to not work inhumane hours again". And it's just not inhumane hours, it's inhumane hours alone. Probably 6-7 days a week, 12 hours a day. Manning that small booth being paid on an hourly basis which is barely enough to cover the cost of a meal. Is that worth my time? No, not really.

Whenever I go ranting on this subject, he goes quiet. Either preferring not to argue or he's exhausted on countering that one time I temporarily quit because "senior" part-time employees get more. My ass. Ooh that still gets me riled up. All the more reason I should go, eh? :P

Most businesses pay peanuts for simple jobs because the mindset is "it's a simple task, so anyone can do it". Sigh yes, anyone can do it. But it hurts most when you're doing that for a living. There's a growing gap between living and surviving. How far can RM50 take you nowadays? One week if I'm lucky.

No, after a year and a half of uni, I'm quite tired of doing stuff on my own. It is a good thing being independent and able to execute whatever you lay your hands on, but unless I'm able to clone myself, I don't want to do so much of it anymore. I raised the white flag for my IFTP paperwork and rescue came. Ah...sometimes it's just so nice to have someone to lean on..

I think they have a name for that, "refusing help" might be it. But no ah...I don't refuse help, I only ask when necessary. Hehehe. Okay I went off on a tangent.

I want to work somewhere surrounded by people, half of them aren't customers. Someone to flag down to help if needed. Having someone to chat with wouldn't be so bad either. Maybe I'll go back into F&B. Sure, the pay's low (compared to retail) but at least there's shifts and you can't man the entire thing alone. That, is a huge difference. And I think that difference would make a happier me. Looking back, that was probably one of the reasons I loved working at BR :)

Hunt, hunt ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment