It's true that is always darkest before dawn; where it's coldest and insecurities haunt you.
I had one of those yesterday morning. Around 5am I awoke, pitch black, feeling cold and feverish with dark thoughts. As much as I tried to banish them, they kept coming. Having my comforter up to my chin wasn't helping much. After about an hour of tossing and turning, sleep finally took over.
I opened my eyes a few minutes before my alarm rang. It was light. At that moment it was really a relief to see daylight. The sun breaking through the clouds. Oh, the warmth...
Was feeling pretty grateful; I had lived to see another day.
This year I have two sems (haha..ha..) I know it will be really taxing on the soul, if I were too work on weekends too. So, NYR #3: Have a positive outlook on life. I enjoy challenges, since the first sem I realised I can push my limits so much farther.
Uni assignments will be brutal, I plan to take up on a few more clubs, there are a few areas I would like to improve upon myself :) Work, oh work. Tiring as it may be, I know I will be much happier working myself tired to the bone, making a difference in my life and possibly others'. I will be self-satisfied than to sit idly for too long.
Tomorrow begins a new week. New tricky customers, learning the craft of shop-handling, haha, new friends to make :)
Though I miss my girlfriends, my park kakis, my MG... sometimes a people detox is a good for the soul. It helps you differentiate behaviours. Plus, it helps me find myself :) Loving myself again was difficult, but I'm getting there.
Hello Sunday :)
But still so many people I want to catch up with :( Yargh. So many people, so little time.
No comments:
Post a Comment