Smartphone envy.
It's hard not to feel that twinge of envy when the people around you whip out their gadgets and start doing all sorts of fancy stuff on it.
So much that it's affecting my next phone choice. I have made up my mind about 95% for the next one (I only have to buy it now), but the marketing hype and advancement in technology leaves that niggling feeling behind. I know the one I want is more than enough to fulfill all my current needs, but there is always that cruel "what if".
I do not have the means to keep up, nor do I wish to. My current one keeps me pretty happy, connected to people and a pretty good sound to satisfy that music monster in me. That all smashes when someone takes out a smartphone.
Sigh.
Tonight my cousins and I were discussing current/future phones. My cousin who's a year younger than me, announced that he was getting a Blackberry Bold 2 soon. Still puzzles me why a 20 year old would need a business orientated phone, but that's the way the world works now. Socially, BBM is great if you can afford it. His other reasons were his group of friends on that tier of technology.
Considering circumstances, it is rather sad to have to keep up especially when you're not as well-off as they are. I'm still lucky, my friends are not that bothered about the latest phones. There are two iPhones around, but the fact that their character and personality still rules, nullifies my argument.
Another niggling feeling is keeping up with technology. Will Symbian still satisfy me in the next 2/3 years? Will I have the need for the latest apps? Will I be bothered if I can't download games from iTunes to play when I'm bored?
Probably. Not really. No, I won't miss what I don't have. But still, urgh.
Plan is to go down to Lowyat to get my baby and if I can get a better deal (which I do not doubt) vs waiting for vague Maxis for their next shipment to arrive.
Buy next week or wait until MWC? Only the price matters.
Still love the fact that I can crawl onto my mom's side of the bed and tell her what's on my mind as she settles down to sleep. She brings me back down to earth (: and to what really matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment